If you are an animal lover you likely include at least one pet as part of your family. You likely go out of your way to ensure that your family pet eats well, is seen by the veterinarian on a regular basis, and generally feels like part of the family. One thing you may have overlooked, however, is including your family pet in your estate plan. Don’t feel bad, you are not alone. Most people don’t think to include Fido or Fluffy in their estate plan – but they should.
Topics covered in this report include:
- Pet Ownership in the United States
- What Happens to Your Pet If Something Happens to You?
- Solutions for You and Your Pet
Click here to read the whole article or download the PDF.
- Preparing for Coronavirus - March 10, 2020
- Incapacity Planning - December 20, 2018
- Special Accounts for People with Special Needs - December 17, 2018